Would you consider getting

Like Tree15Likes

a facelift? Or have you gotten one already?

Just curious as to various thoughts on this. If the money wasn't an issue, would you consider getting one?
3b/c
No, I wouldn't get a facelift. I'm too afraid of surgery (having had my share of operations when I didn't have a choice). That's my only reason. I have no problem with anyone else getting one.
2/c and some 3A. Modified CG.
Protein sensitive
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Super Soaker
Conditioners: Curl Junkie Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner,
Deep condish: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Stylers: Experimenting with cones & sulfates while the dews are high.
Sometimes try roller sets - classic glamor but I prefer my curls.
Every day is a gift
No I wouldn't get a facelift, or botox, or any other alterations unless I need it for health reasons. I'm just one of those odd people who isn't concerned with aging. I'm the age I am no matter what I look like. If I look my age, so be it. I have no urge to go back in time.
Not that I'm not horrified sometimes when I look in the mirror. hahaha. But I'm fine with it. It's all part of living to an old age.
And I think most people who have work done look weird, no matter how good their doctors are. It makes me sad that my favorite movie/tv/rock stars can't just age naturally. They would look so much better.
But that said, people should do what makes them happy.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
No, I wouldn't/haven't. When I was younger I couldn't understand why anyone would do it, as I've got older I do see why people would do it, it's not pleasant to see things drooping and lines appearing. That said, I've kinda got used to seeing what I see in the mirror and the thought of seeing something different freaks me out!
Kitschy likes this.
3b in South Australia.
I have no interest in facelifts. A friend of mine had one a number of years ago - she went through a lot of pain and swelling. I do botox, however. I like how it makes me look more rested and calm - less cranky! I also like how it begins to work gradually and how its effects fade gradually. I've had it done 3 times now - 4 months apart each time.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Nope, I wouldn't do it. I'm kinda liking the crinkly eyes and the jowls. I must be an odd person, I actually look forward to being older and slowing down. I don't want to be in constant pain though and so I think you should take great care of your body - but as far as looks go, I think there is actually an advantage to looking your age.
murrrcat likes this.

I know two people who have had them. One had a LifeStyle Lift and the other a regular facelift. They both look really good. They both said there was swelling and pain. The one who got the facelift said she would do it again in a snap. The one who got the LifeStyle lift said it didn't address the area she was concerned about around her mouth. Personally, I think she looks good. I guess I am a firm believer in this day and age if you have the money and the resources are available, why not.
3b/c
I guess I am a firm believer in this day and age if you have the money and the resources are available, why not.
Originally Posted by munchkin
Why not, you ask? My question is why take the risk?

Complications include (1) hematoma, (2) nerve injuries, (3) infection, (4) skin flap necrosis, (5) hypertrophic scarring, (6) alopecia and hairline/earlobe deformities, and (7) parotid gland pseudocyst.
So-called minimally invasive procedures such as barbed suture lifting have emerged.[1] With these and other recent minimally invasive procedures, such as thread lifts, new complications have been reported, including Stensen duct laceration and suture visibility and extrusion.
An example of facelift surgery complications can be seen in the image below.

I guess if it is worth the gamble to "look better" and of course that is still debatable, then go ahead and spend a ton of money and the time it takes to recover. I'm just not sure it will make your life any better. But yeah, it is still someone's personal decision.

I simply don't like living in a society that denigrates our older populatuion and the natural effects of aging, and then places such a value upon artificial appearance. But I'm weird that way.

I'd do it, if I were sagging. Some faces seem to droop more than others.

As for botox, I've done it twice and would definitely do so again.

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I'd do it, if I were sagging. Some faces seem to droop more than others.

As for botox, I've done it twice and would definitely do so again.
Originally Posted by claudine19
I am considering it and this is why. My mother's family has a real "sagging" face problem. My jowls bother me something terrible.
3b/c
Oh, I'd get rid of jowls.

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I don't like the idea of risky procedures for vanity. I'm holding up pretty well so far (ha ha!), but if I were miserable with my appearance, then I might consider it. However, I'm definitely afraid of the fake, plastic look. I prefer the natural effects of aging on other people, so probably would not risk surgery/botox for myself.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
I turn 40 this month, so it's definitely not something I'm thinking about in the next 10-15 years, but I can see where I've lost fat here and there in the face, and I can see where I look older even if no one else can. I hate the plastic surgery look, but a well-done facelift can look fantastic. My biggest issue is getting to the point where my outsides don't match my insides. I don't want to look old. I also don't want to try to look 20.

So my solution is facial exercises to keep things where they need to be and to look good for my age. If I ever reach a point where I just look too haggard or jowly, I'll get it fixed surgically. I prefer to do things naturally, though, because it would be horrible to get something done and look like an alien.
Robin-in-FL likes this.
2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
Banned
No, not unless I looked like Mama Elsa
Like wavyblonde. If I had a money tree I'd definitely consider getting some kind of work done; but since I don't have a money tree I do the face exercises and they have helped quite a bit to build back the 'cushion' that was being lost, and pulled the face back up some.

Also I'd definitely consider something designed to smooth or to stress the skin so it built more collagen to lift it. And would also definitely consider something to reduce dark spots on face and hands.

And I do use the Retin-A, but that was more to fix acne/rosacea. I think it does help to keep the skin nice.

But I do not want to look "young", exactly, I do want to look "good". I don't mind lines much, but don't have many. I think I'd be more prone to the saggage?

I am hoping for collagen-building lasers to be improved, more than face lift. But I'd think about it, yes. Not an agressive one.

What I would *not* do, that most ladies of my build seem to do, is breast implants.
wavyblonde likes this.
2c / C / iii (FIA)
Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
Speckla
No. I have had many necessary surgeries in my lifetime and have no desire to go under the knife if I don't have to.
curlypearl likes this.
NEVER!!!!!!! NO FACELIFT NO BOTOX NO SURGERY UNLESS I AM DYING!! (or orthopedically compromised). my face is fine for a 62 year old. no it doesnt look like a 30 yr old face. oh well. get over it. im 62. i work, hike, play music, swim and have fun. my face fits my age. now my hair is natural and goes with my face. the one thing i did was get veneers on my teeth. i got a lot of bang for that buck for sure...
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
Boob lift? Heck yeah!

Tummy tuck? Sure!

Facelift? NEVER!
med/coarse texture; med/high porosity; 3b; iii; 30" long (waist)

CWC using whatever works this week

A curly girl married to a curly guy!

I wouldn't get a facelift, but I did just purchase a groupon to have a CO2 laser procedure done. I'm excited. My friend had it done and the results were amazing.
2b/3a.
I wouldn't get a facelift, but I did just purchase a groupon to have a CO2 laser procedure done. I'm excited. My friend had it done and the results were amazing.
Originally Posted by CurlyinColorado

I'll be interested to hear about your experience. Good luck!!!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Trending Topics