An old-fashioned, remarkable moisturizer for your hair and skin.
Fragrant and moisturizing, a sweetly old-fashioned spritz for your parched hair and skin:
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 5-10 drop rose hip seed essential oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rose petals or 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- Boil the cup of water and add the rose petals.
- Let this steep overnight, then strain out the rose petals and add the glycerin and rose essential oil. Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle that has been sterilized with rubbing alcohol, shake and refrigerate.
Other herbs could substitute for the roses and rose oil—chamomile teabags, dried or fresh leaf rosemary, lavender buds, other essential oils or evening primrose oil.
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 at 8:36 am and is filed under Botanicals, Ingredients, Products and Ingredients, Second-day hair, Skincare. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.