Can honey really be good for my curly hair?
Honey recipes for your curls
Pre-Cleansing Honey Conditioner that will nourish and moisturize your curls and scalp.
Ingredients: 3-6 tbsp. of honey, 1-2 tbsp jojoba oil or olive oil and a few drop of favorite essential oil.
Directions: Mix all ingredients. Apply in sections to your hair and massage into your scalp. Leave on for 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing out. Follow with your favorite cleanser and conditioner.
Read more about essential oils
Honey rinse for beautiful curls
Ingredients: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup almond oil, 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 1 tablespoon of honey (Do not use more honey than this or you will have sticky hair)
Directions: Mix and put on your hair. Rinse with warm water. Presto, moisturized beautiful curls.
Want more honey recipes for your curls? Check out NaturallyCurly.com’s recipes area.
Guidelines for choosing essential oil:
- Dry or coarse hair: sandalwood, lavender, and geranium.
- Chemically damaged hair: sandalwood, lavender, frankincense, or geranium.
- Blond hair: lemon, geranium or chamomile.
- Gray hair: sage, rose, lavender or geranium.
- Hair loss: rosemary, juniper or lavender.
- Dandruff: rosemary, eucalyptus, tea tree or cedar wood.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 at 1:00 am and is filed under Botanicals, Care Methods, Ingredients, No Shampoo & No-Shampoo Cleansing, Products, Products and Ingredients, Wavy Hair (Type 2a). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment.