Achieve 3D curls with this technique used by Brazilian texture experts.
Inspired by the Matrix texture experts in Brazil, this technique is for women who want to keep their curls. New 3D Curl Service enhances and defines curls, banishing frizz while boosting dimension.
Get the Look
1. Shampoo hair with Total Results Sleek Shampoo, rinse and towel dry. Section hair into four quadrants. Starting at the nape, take ½-inch horizontal partings and apply 2-3 pumps of Opti.smooth Pre-Treat from scalp to ends. Complete entire head.
2. Outline the back left and right with Opti.smooth Smoothing Cream. Using ¼- to ½-inch horizontal sub-sections, apply smoothing crème starting 1/8 -inch off the scalp to the first 1½ inches of hair with a comb. Work half way up the head, then repeat on left side. Continue working right-to-left and complete the back. Apply smoothing crème to ends using a wide-tooth comb and gently scrunch again. Work side-to-side, scrunching remaining hair.
What you’ll need
- Wide tooth comb
- Total Results Sleek Shampoo
- Opti.smooth Pre-Treat
- Opti.smooth Smoothing Cream
3. Process for 15-30 minutes, depending on hair type and desired curl pattern.
4. After processing, rinse with warm water and use a scrunching technique for 7-10 minutes. Towel blot and gently detangle using a wide-tooth comb.
Want more curly how to’s?
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am and is filed under Curly Hair (Type 3a), Curly Hair (Type 3b), Curly Kinky Hair (Type 3c), hairstyles. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.