How to fix your parched locks
We know many curly girls suffer from dry hair. With all the products we use on a daily basis, it’s hard not stress out our locks. Here are five easy tips to squeeze into your daily routine to help heal dry hair.
1. Rinse with cold water. As much as you love your steamy showers, super hot temps can fry your hair. Cold water seals in the moisture you need.
- 2. Let loose while sleeping. Remove all elastics, clips, bobby pins, etc. Let your curls be free!
- 3. Take a break from heat tools. Give your hair a day off every now and then from the curling iron, blow dryer and flat iron.
- 4. Deep condition. This is no joke—deep condition as much as possible. You will truly see a difference in your hair’s health factor.
- 5. Work with second day hair. Washing your hair every day will really dry out your curls. Instead, discover how to work with second-day hair. Maybe it’s wearing a headband. What about half-up, half-down? Or perhaps using a curl revitalizing spray. Figure out what works for you, on a night when you don’t have a hot date, and you’ll be much happier with your curls.
This entry was posted on Monday, May 24th, 2010 at 5:24 am and is filed under Care Methods, Co-washing, hairstyles, Products. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment.